My Top Ten Places to Visit in Bath
- Roman Baths – magnificent Roman Temple and Baths built around the natural hot spring. Great audio guides by Bill Bryson and lovely restaurant The Pump Rooms.
- No.1 Royal Crescent – a fine Georgian townhouse where the ‘upstairs and downstairs’ of fashionable 18th Century Bath is authentically created.
- Jane Austen Centre – learn about the author’s experience as she wrote Persuasion and Northanger Abbey.
- Sally Lunn’s – Bath’s oldest Historic Eating House containing the original kitchen and home of the famous Sally Lunn Bun baked to a 300 year old recipe.
- Bath Abbey – imposing Abbey with glorious stained glass windows, columns of honey stone and some of the finest fan-vaulting in the world.
- William Herschel Museum – visit the house where William and his sister Caroline lived and see the garden where he discovered the Planet Uranus using his homemade telescope.
- Fashion Museum – one of the world’s greatest collections of historical and contemporary dress showcasing fashion from Shakespeare to Dior and Alexander McQueen.
- Victoria Art Gallery – impressive collection of painting and sculpture including works by Turner and Walter Sickert.
- American Museum – magnificent manor house with stunning views housing the finest collection of Americana outside the US. Galleries on Native Americans, Colonial Times and Folk Art.
- Museum of Bath Architecture – unique collection which displays Bath’s transformation from a provincial town into Britain’s most fashionable Georgian Spa.
For more information about Bath click here: VisitBath